Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Freesat & Freeview (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Freeview: That's TV (#65) - no audio/video (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712024)

ozsat 14-07-2023 05:34

Freeview: That's TV (#65) - no audio/video

Anyone else getting blank screen and no audio on That's TV on #65 this morning? Got usual full signal and all other channels working that show no down time.
That's TV still there with local programmes on #7 - and Sky/cable version is active.

UPDATE: Now got a slate - it is only 6am to 4am. Guide is 24 hr.

cheekyangus 14-07-2023 09:03

Re: Freeview: That's TV (#65) - no audio/video

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36156189)
Anyone else getting blank screen and no audio on That's TV on #65 this morning? Got usual full signal and all other channels working that show no down time.
That's TV still there with local programmes on #7 - and Sky/cable version is active.

UPDATE: Now got a slate - it is only 6am to 4am. Guide is 24 hr.

There's a few part-time on Freeview channels that have full guide data. I think many of them have streaming verisons they automatically switch to if you have your TV connected to the internet, so they transmit their full schedule.

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

I don't know if That's TV are one of them, to be clear.

Mr K 14-07-2023 10:37

Well quite a few of the words are bleeped out in 'Till Death do us Part' , so no audio for some of that!

ozsat 14-07-2023 15:16

I'd rather a word is silenced out like on That's TV than a whole scene is removed like on UKTV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36156201)
Well quite a few of the words are bleeped out in 'Till Death do us Part' , so no audio for some of that!

Mr K 14-07-2023 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36156210)
I'd rather a word is silenced out like on That's TV than a whole scene is removed like on UKTV.

Yes, Porridge has suffered, with certain scenes removed and farcical blurring out of girlie pictures on the wall.

Till Death do us Part though amazed they're broadcasting it. Most of Alfs words have ro be bleeped with good reason !

Paul 14-07-2023 23:49

There is no good reason to remove anything.

Its peoples choice to watch it, knowing full well what the shows contain.

Its just pure woke madness again. :mad:
If the snowflakes dont want to be "offended", they can simply not watch it.

granada_tv 17-07-2023 11:54

Quote:

Yes, Porridge has suffered, with certain scenes removed and farcical blurring out of girlie pictures on the wall.
Radio Rental!! I do recall reading fawlty towers and porridge had warning slates on iplayer that the language may offend or something similar, but never knew about this, thanks for sharing!