Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   List of web browsers for you all (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=15245)

keithwalton 11-02-2006 17:31

Re: List of web browsers for you all

he means msn...

anyhoo you're missing one of the best browsers going!
Sea Monkey.
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Its an evolution of the full mozilla suite, with all functionality there and less bloat.
It also has a very handy feature of having an auto systray function which allows it to stay partially in memory for quick launching.

Netscape 8.1 is also very good, it should be noted that there is a vast difference between netscape upto version 7.x and 8.x onwards

dilli-theclaw 11-02-2006 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithwalton
he means msn...

I thought he meant msn - but he's said msm twice now. Surely it can't be his chosen browser if he doesn't even know what it's called :confused:

toom 11-02-2006 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I thought he meant msn - but he's said msm twice now. Surely it can't be his chosen browser if he doesn't even know what it's called :confused:

I might be a bit dislectik lol!! but it is a good browser, if not a bit too borderish.

MadGamer 11-02-2006 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by toom
Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701

I might be a bit dislectik lol!! but it is a good browser, if not a bit too borderish.

IMHO its not, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)

patrickp 11-02-2006 20:41

Just had a look through the MSN browser 'features.' It would appear the only thing it has to offer is integrated MSN services. TBH, looks like a kiddies & n00bs browser to me.

marky 11-02-2006 20:46

I Thought this was a sticky info thread, not a mine is better than yours one,
But i may be wrong :shrug:

patrickp 11-02-2006 21:04

Think you're right there, Marky! :dunce:

toom 12-02-2006 01:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickp
Think you're right there, Marky! :dunce:

please tell me why people are turning to ff, it is of no use to me without the support of DAP.

keithwalton 12-02-2006 02:32

more secure, tabbed browsing, faster, more customizable (addons / themes / extensions), rss support, follows web standards to the letter, less bloaty. Are just some of the starters, pretty much everyone i know thats tried firefox has thanked me for the tip and stuck with it.
As for DAP, i've just checked there website and version 8 supports moz' and firefox

toom 12-02-2006 13:04

Quote:

more secure, tabbed browsing, faster, more customizable (addons / themes / extensions), rss support, follows web standards to the letter, less bloaty. Are just some of the starters, pretty much everyone i know thats tried firefox has thanked me for the tip and stuck with it.
As for DAP, i've just checked there website and version 8 supports moz' and firefox

I've down loaded the latest version of DAP and I tried it in FF, but it is still not in the right click. Yes, ive restarted my comp.

toom 14-02-2006 14:28

Quote:

I was recommended by a FF lover to download a dl manager extention. I did this last week but I kept being prompted to download spyfalcon which is by modzilla, I assumed this was a part of it. Anyway as soon as I did this I started getting popups and waring bubbles from my tool bar saying that I have been infected with spyware and I am to download and (register) the most effcient removal program.

Now it's saying that if I do not do somthing about it soon my machine will be corrupt and damaged. All I can say is MODZILLA IS A PILE OF **** and anybody that recomends it does not know what they are on about, oh and dap 8 is not compatable with FF, another lie. All I can say is KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE DISHING OUT ADVISE.

I have now uninstalled FF and im doing my best to uninstall spyfalcon, it keeps coming back all the time when I try to get rid of it. All I can say is I wish I stuck with my own instincts and stayed away from that modzilla rubbish. And yes, I got it through a link on this board. I AM ANGRY AND I MAY HAVE TO REINSTALL WINDOWS.

Chris W 14-02-2006 21:01

http://www.speedbit.com/

DAP 8 is- according to their own website- compatible with firefox, so perhaps before you accuse forum members of lying you should check that you know what you are talking about.

Oh and Spyfalcon is not a Mozilla program- a little research before you installed the software would have told you this.

toom 14-02-2006 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris W
http://www.speedbit.com/

DAP 8 is- according to their own website- compatible with firefox, so perhaps before you accuse forum members of lying you should check that you know what you are talking about.

Oh and Spyfalcon is not a Mozilla program- a little research before you installed the software would have told you this.

Well it was still through the link of a FF application.

Chris W 14-02-2006 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by toom
Well it was still through the link of a FF application.

ahh firefox must be evil then. Because of course there are no toolbars for IE that are bundled with spyware... oh apart from the 18 listed here as parasites. And then of course there are the numerous BHOs... but then i suppose if you install one of those it serves you right. But of course, as you downloaded someone containing spyware which was associated with firefox, that is Mozilla's fault and therefore Firefox is evil. Ah huh. I see the logic there.

keithwalton 14-02-2006 21:39

You're less likely to pick somthing up under firefox but it is still possible and should not be taken for granted that its 100% safe. Nothing truely is.
If you google for your known problem with the word remove, with it your bound to find how to get rid of it for good

http://www.infopackets.com/channels/...structions.htm

thats the first result though i dont know the source so dont trust it as gospel