Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pleasant News for a change.. Twins born minutes apart but in different years. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705890)

Mick 03-01-2018 20:44

Pleasant News for a change.. Twins born minutes apart but in different years.

For those fed up with constant news on Brexit, Trump, NHS, Tories, Labour or anything else with doomed laden news... :D

The Twins born minutes apart...The boy was born at 11:58 PM on December 31, 2017 and his twin sister was the first baby born by C-section at 12:16 AM January 1st, 2018.

I have always thought of twins being special as I have a much younger twin brother and sister, born just a minute apart.

Sirius 03-01-2018 20:57

Re: Pleasant News for a change.. Twins born minutes apart but in different years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35930885)
For those fed up with constant news on Brexit, Trump, NHS, Tories, Labour or anything else with doomed laden news... :D

The Twins born minutes apart...The boy was born at 11:58 PM on December 31, 2017 and his twin sister was the first baby born by C-section at 12:16 AM January 1st, 2018.

I have always thought of twins being special as I have a much younger twin brother and sister, born just a minute apart.

It is good to have news like this now and then

tweetiepooh 04-01-2018 12:11

Re: Pleasant News for a change.. Twins born minutes apart but in different years.

We were discussing something similar recently about what would happen if twins are born either side of 1st September. This would (in theory) mean one would start school a year before the other.

(If I was still in South Africa where the school year starts in January this cross year would possibly cause the same fun.)

Damien 04-01-2018 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 35930947)
We were discussing something similar recently about what would happen if twins are born either side of 1st September. This would (in theory) mean one would start school a year before the other.

(If I was still in South Africa where the school year starts in January this cross year would possibly cause the same fun.)

Yup. They keep looking into how much of a disadvantage it is or isn't for the older child in that circumstance whose essentially forced into school up to a year earlier than others.

Mr K 04-01-2018 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 35930947)

might be an advantage. You probably wouldn't want them in the same year/class/school . No end of id problems for the teacher, and they might need a break from each other !