Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33690868)

RizzyKing 27-11-2012 21:15

Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Hello all i am looking for some practical info from normal people that have used them item in question is electronic cigarettes i still enjoy smoking but i am getting to the age of not wanting the health downsides so am looking at these as an alternative. Though i have looked much as i am able i have not really found anything beyond the promotional guff about them mainly how long they last each refill cartridge thing i mean or how near to the real thing they can be. Anyone that has or is using them spread the wisdom my friends and help me to figure out whether to go for it or not :D.

danielf 27-11-2012 21:23

Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Short answer: Yes. I was smoking 25 full strength Marlboros a day until I picked up an electronic cigarette 15 weeks ago, and I haven't had one smoke since. I tapered off the nicotine over 6 weeks, and haven't had any nicotine for 9 weeks. I still use the e-cig in the evenings, so I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but I'd say 15 weeks without a fag is a success. I won't say it's been easy, but the one thing that made me stick with it was the thought that if necessary, I could always keep using ecigs as a relatively safe nicotine delivery system. I've gone quite a bit further than that, and while not easy, a lot easier than expected.

The only word of advice: get something decent, and not those stupid looks 'like a fag' things. I go the starter kit here Well worth the money.

Sirius 27-11-2012 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35503035)
Short answer: Yes. I was smoking 25 full strength Marlboros a day until I picked up an electronic cigarette 15 weeks ago, and I haven't had one smoke since. I tapered off the nicotine over 6 weeks, and haven't had any nicotine for 9 weeks. I still use the e-cig in the evenings, so I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but I'd say 15 weeks without a fag is a success.

The only word of advice: get something decent, and not those stupid looks 'like a fag' things. I go the starter kit here Well worth the money.

Well done :clap:

Graham M 27-11-2012 21:29

Well done Daniel :)

danielf 27-11-2012 21:36

Honestly, I tried them thinking 'I'll see what this is like', and wasn't very determined I was going to quit, and after a couple of weeks of not smoking real fags it kind of started to dawn on me that I could actually keep it up. I was amazed myself.

To Rizzy: it's not quite like smoking, and it all depends on nicotine levels and flavours etc. but you can't go wrong giving it a shot. An initial outlay of 30-35 quid. That's 100 fags. And if you want to you can stick with the nicotine, of taper down over a year. Or two. Or start smoking lime and chewing gum flavours. :)

martyh 27-11-2012 22:06

The missus uses the menthol ones with some success but she isn't fully committed to giving them a go but they have certainly cut down on the amount she smokes .My advice would be to try them just don't use them on a bus anywhere near the M6 toll ;)

Dai 27-11-2012 23:37

I was spending over 50 quid a week on Hamlet cigars and decided to give the ecigs a try. On a recommendation from a friend I bought the Ego-T starter kit, as that has refillable cartridges which can be cheaply filled from a dropper bottle. Initially I kept the "key" cigars of the day such as the morning puff with the first mug of coffee and the evening after-dinner smoke but decided to try infilling between these key points with the e-ciggy.
Much to my surprise I found after quite a short time that I was happy just to use the e-cig for most of the day. In fact after a while I lit up a cigar one day and found myself thinking I just didn't like the taste anymore.
For me it's been a great success. I've not smoked a cigar since mid-May and I'm now reducing the strength of the nicotine liquid that I use for refilling.

In the past I've tried all the remedies. Patches, gum, pastilles, all have failed to work for me. I think part of the difference with the e-cig is that you still replicate the oral act of smoking but without all the tar and other nasties that you get from burning leaves.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try, but as was said before do go for one of the e-cigs that can be refilled from the bulk supply bottles. ego-t or ego-c are both a very satisfying smoke, with plenty of smoke to replicate that 'hit' in the back of the throat that you get from tobacco.

jempalmer 28-11-2012 01:25

I've not smoked for 9 months. However this is a big problem (for me anyway). I am using 2mg lozenges at the rate of 12 a day. I started with the 4mg, after about a month I switched to the 2's. Since then I can't seem to stop. I don't crave a cigarette in my hand. I just seem not to be able to stop eating the pills :(

Edit: @ danielf well done dude :)

Dash: CF noob 28-11-2012 02:48

YES YES YES, and follow Daniel's advice..

GOOGLE :- VAPING its the new trend....

RizzyKing 28-11-2012 07:53

Impressive Daniel congratultions and has made my mind up to give them a go kit i was looking at is called jacovapour as it has a good range of flavours and more importantly nicotine strengths as my plan is similar to yours longterm to ween off them altogether. Very helpful guys thanks a lot soon as i have the money will be ordering and will report back how i get on as a 20 a day rollup smoker :).

Gary L 28-11-2012 08:21

I get confused and give up when looking at all these.

is it just one thing with batteries in and you just buy the liquid refils?
how long does the liquid last, and how much does it work out a week?
(say 20 cigs a day)

Dai 28-11-2012 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35503170)
I get confused and give up when looking at all these.

is it just one thing with batteries in and you just buy the liquid refils?
how long does the liquid last, and how much does it work out a week?
(say 20 cigs a day)

This is what I use.
http://www.ecigscompany.com/upload/i...&product_id=84

There are basically 3 bits. The straight black section is a battery which is rechargeable from usb or mains adaptor. The tapered black section is the heater/vapouriser unit which makes the smoke. On the end of that is the mouthpiece in clear plastic which also holds the liquid. It has an end cap which pops off so you can refill from a dropper bottle.

As far as costs go, I was spending over £50 per week on tobacco. The 20ml bottles of eliquid are priced around £7-8 depending on supplier and last me around 2 weeks.

Maggy 28-11-2012 09:26

Well my husband is currently addicted to ordinary chewing gum but hasn't smoked for nearly 3 years.The nicotine gum was as expensive as the cigars I was buying and he did become reliant on it.

However whatever works for you..provided you only replace it with a less harmful solution.Eventually though you should try for a cheaper solution or you fail to realise one benefit of not smoking..extra money in your pocket.

Thinking about Mr Angry and his boat...

danielf 28-11-2012 10:21

Further to what Dai said: roughly speaking, E-cigs come in two 'flavours'. One is the 'looks like a fag' variant with the blue tip that lights up. These tend to come with prefilled cartridges which sell at about £2 a pop (~1ml). The other variant is the one I and Dai linked to. The jacovapour that Rizzy mentions looks like a rebranded ego (that's the one Dai mentions). These systems generally come with better batteries, but are also intended to be refilled from a dropper bottle, meaning you can buy the liquid in bulk which works out a lot cheaper.

The amount of liquid you will use depends mostly on the nicotine strength you buy. The liquid comes in varying strengths and you will go through more if you buy lower strength. My understanding from reading forums is that around 2ml a day is around average. At the prices Dai mentions that's about £1 a day, which is considerably less than regular smokes. A nicotine strength of 18mg/ml seems the average starting level for a 20 a day smoker. Many people gradually lower the nicotine strength once they kicked regular smokes. I lowered it quite aggressively to 0 over 6 weeks. Other people are happy to stay at higher nicotine levels because they enjoy consuming nicotine in what is perhaps not a risk-free manner, but ultimately far safer manner than through the burning of tobacco.

Words of warning:
1. Nicotine is a poison, and a strong one at that. A 5 ml bottle of liquid @18mg/ml will kill an adult man if it is drunk (likewise, three cigarettes would kill you if ate them). You will only absorb a fraction of the nicotine when used in an e-cigarette. Nevertheless, this is dangerous stuff, and should be kept out of the hands of children.
2. This market is unregulated. 'E-liquid' is mixed by people in garages and back rooms, and while there's little reason to assume it doesn't contain what people say it does, there's no guarantee either. Then again, there's little control over the harmful stuff that goes into cigarettes.
3. This may not last. Several countries in the world have banned ecigs (at least the nicotine containing variant), on the grounds that there's no quality control. The reasoning appears to be that as a nicotine delivery system it should be classed as a medicine and licensed as such (which would make them considerably more expensive). The pharmaceutical industry which manufactures standard NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) would love this, so they can keep selling us gum and lozenges etc at inflated prices because they are medicines.

Gary L 28-11-2012 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai (Post 35503185)
This is what I use.
http://www.ecigscompany.com/upload/i...&product_id=84

There are basically 3 bits. The straight black section is a battery which is rechargeable from usb or mains adaptor. The tapered black section is the heater/vapouriser unit which makes the smoke. On the end of that is the mouthpiece in clear plastic which also holds the liquid. It has an end cap which pops off so you can refill from a dropper bottle.

As far as costs go, I was spending over £50 per week on tobacco. The 20ml bottles of eliquid are priced around £7-8 depending on supplier and last me around 2 weeks.

Thanks. still undecided really.
been reading the jacvapour site and the starter kits. can't decide if I want a white or black one. then I get confused about the vgo version, and then the cartridges. then whether the size of the battery is too big or too small. then I've read something about the batteries can be charged around 5 times.

I've given up again! :)

there's a 20% discount code for jacvapour - ECR69

Caff 28-11-2012 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai (Post 35503083)
I was spending over 50 quid a week on Hamlet cigars and decided to give the ecigs a try. On a recommendation from a friend I bought the Ego-T starter kit, as that has refillable cartridges which can be cheaply filled from a dropper bottle. Initially I kept the "key" cigars of the day such as the morning puff with the first mug of coffee and the evening after-dinner smoke but decided to try infilling between these key points with the e-ciggy.
Much to my surprise I found after quite a short time that I was happy just to use the e-cig for most of the day. In fact after a while I lit up a cigar one day and found myself thinking I just didn't like the taste anymore.
For me it's been a great success. I've not smoked a cigar since mid-May and I'm now reducing the strength of the nicotine liquid that I use for refilling.

In the past I've tried all the remedies. Patches, gum, pastilles, all have failed to work for me. I think part of the difference with the e-cig is that you still replicate the oral act of smoking but without all the tar and other nasties that you get from burning leaves.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a try, but as was said before do go for one of the e-cigs that can be refilled from the bulk supply bottles. ego-t or ego-c are both a very satisfying smoke, with plenty of smoke to replicate that 'hit' in the back of the throat that you get from tobacco.

Thanks for posting your insight.
It will be helpful in the near future. :)

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35503035)
Short answer: Yes. I was smoking 25 full strength Marlboros a day until I picked up an electronic cigarette 15 weeks ago, and I haven't had one smoke since. I tapered off the nicotine over 6 weeks, and haven't had any nicotine for 9 weeks. I still use the e-cig in the evenings, so I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but I'd say 15 weeks without a fag is a success. I won't say it's been easy, but the one thing that made me stick with it was the thought that if necessary, I could always keep using ecigs as a relatively safe nicotine delivery system. I've gone quite a bit further than that, and while not easy, a lot easier than expected.

I've tried another e-cig. It was so perfumy and disgusting. I'll give the one in your link a go :)

danielf 28-11-2012 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35503227)

I've tried another e-cig. It was so perfumy and disgusting. I'll give the one in your link a go :)

A lot of it depends on the flavours you choose. The advantage of the refillable ones is that it's easy to experiment with different flavours.

www.libertyflights.co.uk have a good selection of flavours.
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk isn't bad either.

Caff 28-11-2012 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35503236)
A lot of it depends on the flavours you choose. The advantage of the refillable ones is that it's easy to experiment with different flavours.

www.libertyflights.co.uk have a good selection of flavours.
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk isn't bad either.

Thank you so much for that.

Dai 28-11-2012 14:11

@ Gary L:

They're standard rechargeables with a bit of a simple switch circuit so can be charged as often as any other.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caff (Post 35503279)
Thank you so much for that.

This too:

http://www.ecigsoutlet.co.uk/index.p...-products.html

Taf 28-11-2012 15:47

A friend in the Philipines has been a long-term "vaper" for both his, and his family's health, and also due to anti-smoking regulations/persecutions.

The materials over there cost a fraction of what they do here (no surprise there), and there is a much larger variety of "flavours".

One word of warning though.... he once refilled his vaper and got some of the fluid on the mouthpiece. He ended up being rushed to hospital due to a nicotine overdose!

He told me that producers and investors are getting jittery as several countries are looking at banning the use or even the sale of vaper materials (he reckons the tobacco barons/tax collectors want to protect their income). The way this country is, I expect the chancellor to announce a tax on them fairly soon (if not I will be very surprised).

danielf 28-11-2012 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35503347)

He told me that producers and investors are getting jittery as several countries are looking at banning the use or even the sale of vaper materials (he reckons the tobacco barons/tax collectors want to protect their income). The way this country is, I expect the chancellor to announce a tax on them fairly soon (if not I will be very surprised).

Electronic cigarettes (at least the ones that contain nicotine) are already banned in many countries. Apparently, one of the driving forces behind this is the Pharmaceutical Industry who want to protect their sales of relatively ineffective (but very lucrative) NRT such as nicotine patches, gums etc. The spiel is that anything containing nicotine (bar cigarettes of course) is a form of medication and needs to be licensed as medicine (which costs tonnes, which the producers of vaping materials don't have). Consultation in the UK is ongoing, but seems to be heading the sensible way. Europe is less clear.

Dash: CF noob 28-11-2012 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai (Post 35503185)

Interested to know where you get yours?
thats quite cheap..

Caff 29-11-2012 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dai (Post 35503292)

Thank you.
Now I just need to set a date and stop pussyfooting around.

Gary L 29-11-2012 09:33

I've ordered this one with an extra battery.
http://www.jacvapour.com/PCC_kits-Th...arter_kit.html

I get fed up of making rollies, so be good to just use that instead.

danielf 29-11-2012 10:54

Good for you!

Now say goodbye to that nasty cough.

I've never understood why people use the cartridges that come with Gary's kit. It seems rather clumsy to me not being able to see how much liquid is left in them. I've only used the tanks or 'clearomizers' which seem far handier to me?

http://www.jacvapour.com/V3_Cartomis...l#!prettyPhoto[prodimages]/0/

Btw: you can refill these far more often than stated on that website. Do a search on youtube for dry burning a clearomizer to see how to properly clean them. I've probably been using my current one for 2 months at least.

RizzyKing 29-11-2012 13:24

Ordered my kit last night so hopefullly off the baccy by xmas thanks so much to all you guys for the very helpful and practical info made it a lot easier to take the leap ). Also seems to have helped others so double bonus to the thread congrats to all current user's and good luck to all now trying it.

Gary L 29-11-2012 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35503767)
Good for you!

Now say goodbye to that nasty cough.

I haven't got a cough. just a bunged up nose.

Quote:

I've never understood why people use the cartridges that come with Gary's kit. It seems rather clumsy to me not being able to see how much liquid is left in them. I've only used the tanks or 'clearomizers' which seem far handier to me?

http://www.jacvapour.com/V3_Cartomis...l#!prettyPhoto[prodimages]/0/

Btw: you can refill these far more often than stated on that website. Do a search on youtube for dry burning a clearomizer to see how to properly clean them. I've probably been using my current one for 2 months at least.
Those only apply to the VGo with the bigger batteries. shame I can't use them with the one I'm getting.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35503860)
Ordered my kit last night so hopefullly off the baccy by xmas thanks so much to all you guys for the very helpful and practical info made it a lot easier to take the leap ). Also seems to have helped others so double bonus to the thread congrats to all current user's and good luck to all now trying it.

Did you order from jacvapour with the 20% discount?

danielf 29-11-2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35503860)

I think we should keep this thread alive with comments and experiences. It's generated a bit of interest so far, and I think there will be more interest. I genuinely think that electronic cigarettes are the future for people who want to stop smoking cigarettes (but not necessarily stop enjoying nicotine). Now all we need is for the authorities to realise that harm reduction is a viable option.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35503864)
Those only apply to the VGo with the bigger batteries. shame I can't use them with the one I'm getting.

Ah yes, it can be a bit of a minefield. The kit I linked to earlier comes with both the standard and the see-through cartridges. That's one thing I liked about that one.

Gary L 29-11-2012 13:45

I'm surprised with some of the reviews for the V1P PCC where a lot are saying they don't feel the need to smoke a real ciggy anymore. even from the start of using it.

I suppose if you're getting the nicotine and the throat effect thing. then there isn't any reason to get it from a real ciggy.

danielf 29-11-2012 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35503873)
I'm surprised with some of the reviews for the V1P PCC where a lot are saying they don't feel the need to smoke a real ciggy anymore. even from the start of using it.

I suppose if you're getting the nicotine and the throat effect thing. then there isn't any reason to get it from a real ciggy.

Yes, it's not quite the same thing, but that's about it, though you might need to get used to the taste. The numbers I've seen floating around are that something like 80% of ecig users successfully kick the cigarettes compared to under 10% for traditional NRT. A lot of people are happy to stay on the nicotine, and the upshot is that while that may not be 100% safe (but what is?) it's always going to be better than inhaling burnt tobacco leaves.

RizzyKing 29-11-2012 20:32

No i used a 15% discount code missed the extrs 5% though i am happy with the pice i paid i will definately report back on how i find them having smoked for nearly 32 years i am curious about the experience.

danielf 29-11-2012 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35504235)
No i used a 15% discount code missed the extrs 5% though i am happy with the pice i paid i will definately report back on how i find them having smoked for nearly 32 years i am curious about the experience.

You may find the taste a little odd in first instance, since it's not exactly like smoking. You will probably also find you get some withdrawal symptoms in the first couple of days. Your body is not just addicted to nicotine. There's also a bit of an addiction to other substances in cigarette smoke. These withdrawal symptoms really should only last a few days though. That's assuming you quit fags straight away though. You can also approach it like Dai did, and phase the fags out gradually.

RizzyKing 30-11-2012 08:34

Right now i am just witing for the kit to show up and sort of go from there no real set in stone plan if you see what i mean i do think it is probably my best shot at knocking the ciggies on the head longterm though.

alferret 30-11-2012 10:48

My wife started vaping at the beginning of the year and for someone who couldn't go without a dirty stinking cig its worked out quite well.
She has gone from a 20 a day habit to £30pm on e-cigarettes. Even the smell of a fag makes her feel ill now.

The question is cartridge or refillable tank?
She buys hers from smokers angel ( http://www.thesmokersangel.co.uk ) as a disposable cartridge, makes it slightly more expensive but it's easy, unscrew the old one screw in the new one, job done.
They really are a great way to help people stop smoking.

Gary L 01-12-2012 09:52

Stuff came this morning. realy nice bit of kit. no bigger than a normal ciggy but bigger than a rolly.
got it all on charge at the moment, but I tried it out. and I feel dizzy now.

I'm using the 18mg carts. do you think I needed the lesser strength?

I'll go and have a lie down whilst you think about it.

danielf 01-12-2012 12:41

Assuming you're not taking the ****: It is possible to OD on nicotine, and dizziness is one of the symptoms. Then again: I find it hard to believe you were able to OD from a 'trying out' session.

Should you be serious try taking fewer puffs, or lower nicotine strength.

Gary L 01-12-2012 14:00

I'm not taking the pee. I got the 18mg thinking that was the equivalent to what I've been smoking.
I'm ok now though.

And listen to this!
I haven't had a fag or a ciggy for 5 hours!!

danielf 01-12-2012 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35504950)
I'm not taking the pee. I got the 18mg thinking that was the equivalent to what I've been smoking.
I'm ok now though.

Ah. Good. Just be sensible and listen to your body. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Quote:

And listen to this!
Yay!!!! :cool: :D

(I haven't had one for nearly four months :D)

Gary L 01-12-2012 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35504955)
Ah. Good. Just be sensible and listen to your body. You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

I might lower the strength to 9mg as I'm getting light headed still. and I'm just going to get addicted to nicotine at this rate :D

Quote:

Yay!!!! :cool: :D

(I haven't had one for nearly four months :D)
The big test is after the man and woman sexercise. do I go for my gadget, or the real thing?

I'll let you know in a few weeks hopefully :)

RizzyKing 01-12-2012 14:23

Like Gary my kit turned up this morning and i havn't had a rolly since 08:30 so far for me working very well and surprisingly the smoking experience for me is almost exactly llike rollies so very happy and hopeful. Gary try taking shorter drags on it as my first drag was a long one and the effect was very strong so shorter is better i think with these maybe the nicotine intake is higher with these then we were used to with the rolllies m8. As for my kit if i had to be picky i would say the usb charging lead is very short and ordering a usb mains extra only got me a plug not an additional cable as i was hoping. Wife also got her skycig kit today and the main difference between ours is my ecig is a littlle longer and fatter though her charging case looks better then mine but in my kit i also got two llittle business type cards to give to people if they confused it for real smoking telling them all about ecigs which i thought was a nice little touch.

I would definately say the jac vapour kits are better suited to heavier smokers going on to this with the skycig being better for lighter smokers. All that said it has been less then a day so far so willl update anything relevent as i become aware of it.

dilli-theclaw 01-12-2012 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35504950)
I'm ok now though.

And listen to this!

I hope you manage to stick with it and stay quit! :tu:

Jimmy-J 01-12-2012 14:27

I wish these were available when I was giving up, about 11 or so years ago now. Good luck, you'll get there in the end, if it's what you really want.

Gary L 01-12-2012 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35504970)
Gary try taking shorter drags on it as my first drag was a long one and the effect was very strong so shorter is better i think with these maybe the nicotine intake is higher with these then we were used to with the rolllies m8.

With me I'm not getting the throat hit I want or expected. so I'm taking 2 drags at once to make up for it.
the mg intake might be too high. I always use filters as well when I smoke rollies.

Quote:

As for my kit if i had to be picky i would say the usb charging lead is very short and ordering a usb mains extra only got me a plug not an additional cable as i was hoping.
The USB cable is just a standard cable you get with sat navs and everything.
I bought the extra little charger thing where you screw the battery in the end of it.

which kit did tyou get?

RizzyKing 01-12-2012 19:37

http://www.jacvapour.com/Sport_and_V...arter_kit.html Thats the one i got happy with it and it's doing the job no rollups today :).

Chris 01-12-2012 20:30

Do we need to change your forum user name? :D

Dai 01-12-2012 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35504979)
With me I'm not getting the throat hit I want or expected. so I'm taking 2 drags at once to make up for it.

There's a slightly different technique required with the vaping kit Gary. With a conventional cigarette when you draw harder on it you burn more tobacco so get a stronger hit in the throat. With the ecigs the opposite is true. As you suck harder you get more air and less vapour. Try drawing more gently on the device and you should get a denser smoke and stronger throat hit.

looselipsuk 02-12-2012 01:09

The one I used when I gave up 4 years ago is miniciggy. Had almost stopped using it but due to personal reasons am using it again. http://www.miniciggy.com/

Gary L 02-12-2012 10:18

I haven't had a real ciggy yet. but this morning I'm really tempted to as this thing isn't cutting it really.
1 cartridge lasted me till about 6pm yesterday. since filling it up it isn't as good as the original so I've started on a new cartridge.

I'm sucking on it slow but still not a good enough throat hit for me. it's a lot like trying a different ciggy and it's not strong enough for you.

I'm not getting a lot of vape either. compared to the video on the site using PG and the same e-cig. I'm getting sod all.

I think it's ok to get you through the day, as once you have a couple of drags you don't feel the need to have a real ciggy and this is sufficient for my needs.
but for morning and night (first thing in the morning, and drinking at night) it's not quite so good. a bit frustrating.

it was that bad this morning. the little battery lasted less than an hour.

Dai 02-12-2012 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35505592)
...it was that bad this morning. the little battery lasted less than an hour.

Did you give the battery a good overnight charge Gary? The amount of vapour that you get is very dependant on battery levels on mine and I tend to always have one of my spare batteries on charge so I can change over partway through the day.

RizzyKing 02-12-2012 12:31

Day two and still no rollups and not a single urge to have one although i do feel it's cheating a bit i'm not really a non smoker just not a tobacco smoker anymore. Gary you sure you charged it up fully from when you got it m8 as mine so far has had no problem if you have maybe your charging case is defective get in touch with their support and see what they say as it definately doesn't sound like yours is working properly.

LOL Chris if i thought i was memoraable enough i might change my name but i'm not so will keep it :).

Gary L 02-12-2012 12:50

I charged the battery up with the seperate USB charger that was optional. takes about 1.5 to 2 hours.
I could leave it on overnight and see if that makes any difference.

Rizzy, are you getting a lot of vape when you enhale and exhale?
I can get enough if I just puff on it. but not a lot if in enhale it.

I've thrown one of the cartridges away, as the hole in the middle isn't there anymore. it's all too tightly packed up now.

Bulky 02-12-2012 13:23

Been using an ecig for nearly 2 years now , tbh I think you'll find the ones that look like cigarettes aren't much cop , you'll be forever filling up the carts and the atomisers don't last very long. I have tried many different systems , the ones that look like cigs , the ego t, ego c, I've settled on a dual coil cartomiser with a ego 650ma battery , gives you a real whack (huge amounts of vapour) just like smoking. If your after cheap supplies google greenhouseone , ships from china , I've always received an excellent service. E cigs definately the future for me , tried a few puffs on a ciggy about a year in from using ecig and thought it was disgusting , however I do go into a cold sweat if I can't find my ecig lol

Dai 02-12-2012 16:50

The dual coil sounds most interesting. Could I ask which one you are using? I'm using a T3 clearomiser at the moment which is pretty good but the duals sound even better.

http://www.ivapour-elixir.co.uk/atom...earomizer.html

Bulky 02-12-2012 17:04

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....m-product.html
I used the clearomisers for a while but found them to burn quite regular , perhaps because it was new technology at the time and they have maybe moved on , you will find the mega cartomiser on greenhouseone much cheaper totally wicked just rebrand them , I buy my liquid in uk and spares and atomisers from china, it's only worth while buying from china if you buy in bulk , this way you can save up to 50% plus.

RizzyKing 03-12-2012 17:06

Sorry i am late in replying been busy at the hospital yeah i get a decent amount of vapour off my cartridges Gary at least as much as i used to get off a roll up but the hit can vary frrom one cartridge to another. I have now put in an order for some PG eliquid so i can refill my own carrtridges as they do seem to run out very very quickly. Was really happy when i saw the price given i was a 100g a week rolly smoker four 20ml bottles for a little over twenty five quid, a months vaping for less then a weeks baccy you cannot go wrong.

Gary L 03-12-2012 18:24

I've ordered some cartridges, 60ml PG. and another battery.
mine is frustrating because the flow goes a bit tight sometimes. as if like a blocking kind of effect. I've noticed that the filter inside the cartridges comes up towards the top of the cartridge so can't be burning too well.
I'm hoping the new cartridges will be different.

Which cartridges did you get. the flavour whatever?
I got 5 virgin when ordered. but I bought the Desert Ship in liquid.
which has a bit of a nutty taste to it.

If I don't get a decent throat hit from the new ones. then I'm gonna get a duel one or something.
that's all I want is a decent throat hit, and I'll stick with it and keep off the rollies.
I'm getting through the cartridges and 20ml like crazy at the moment trying to get my fix.
I seem to be using the thing constantly.

I'll do the sums another time. but I only use 50g of baccie in 5 days.
compared to your 100g. I should be more satisfied than you seem to be.
are you sure you enhale when you smoke rollies, and not just puff on it making smoke rings? :)

Bulky 03-12-2012 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35506219)
I've ordered some cartridges, 60ml PG. and another battery.
mine is frustrating because the flow goes a bit tight sometimes. as if like a blocking kind of effect. I've noticed that the filter inside the cartridges comes up towards the top of the cartridge so can't be burning too well.
I'm hoping the new cartridges will be different.

Which cartridges did you get. the flavour whatever?
I got 5 virgin when ordered. but I bought the Desert Ship in liquid.
which has a bit of a nutty taste to it.

If I don't get a decent throat hit from the new ones. then I'm gonna get a duel one or something.
that's all I want is a decent throat hit, and I'll stick with it and keep off the rollies.
I'm getting through the cartridges and 20ml like crazy at the moment trying to get my fix.
I seem to be using the thing constantly.

I'll do the sums another time. but I only use 50g of baccie in 5 days.
compared to your 100g. I should be more satisfied than you seem to be.
are you sure you enhale when you smoke rollies, and not just puff on it making smoke rings? :)

I was in the same boat as you , couldn't get something to give me a real whack like a cigarette , the dual coils do make a big difference and the ones I linked to hold enough liquid for at least half a day ( it get hammered at work because I can use while I'm working) , as long as you stick with it you will find a system and a flavour (an all day vape not a daft fruit flavour) that suits you , I vape 8mg coffee flavour all day every day. Don't give up :)

Edit: don't be afraid of using it more than you would cigarettes , definitely read on one of the vaping forums somewhere you receive far less nicotine from inhaling vapour than smoking, initially it's all about stopping the craving , use it when you need too, 30ml of liquid lasts me about 2 weeks and I seriously hammer it so if your using more your possibly flooding your carts or the atomiser just isn't up to your needs.

Gary L 03-12-2012 19:55

Thanks, Bulky. but all that looks confusing on what I would need to get to go with this and that.
I'm a virgin with all this :)

Hom3r 03-12-2012 20:03

The only problem I have from people who a trying to quit smoking is that they use something like patches and have a ciggy, thus increasing nicotine levels.

Bulky 03-12-2012 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35506260)
Thanks, Bulky. but all that looks confusing on what I would need to get to go with this and that.
I'm a virgin with all this :)

Tbh Gary as much as your not going to want to hear this that kit just isn't going to cut the mustard by the sounds of it , I have tried a very similar kit ( was probably an identical kit rebranded without the pcc) and found it to be next to useless in the throat hit department. The best e-cigarettes in my opinion use the 510 threaded connection , this makes huge amounts of atomisers from carts, clearomisers, cartomisers, tank cartridges, drip tips interchangeable which means you can try loads of systems (what I did) using the same battery which is normally the most expensive part, totallywicked is probably has the most extensive range of everything in the uk and run a very high quality service , I used them for ages and still do for liquid but I import my cartomisers from china as totally wicked just rebrand the exact same product. If your interested in a different system I will point you in the right direction.

RizzyKing 05-12-2012 14:22

Really don't know what to say Gary i get a good throat hit from my 18mg both with the original cartridges i got the 5 extra virgin i bought and now with the coffee eliquid i just bought if anything i get more of a thrroat hit with this then i ever got off amber leaf. Not sure why your having such a different experience given we have the same kit :confused:.

Gary L 06-12-2012 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulky (Post 35506281)
I will point you in the right direction.

I'm gonna stick this out for a bit. they've got a bit better, but yesterday was a stressful day. and I was really tempted to give it all in and go back to rollies.

it was only the picture of my niece smiling when I told her I've given up for her. and the thought of having to give her £50 that stopped me :)

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35507182)
Really don't know what to say Gary i get a good throat hit from my 18mg both with the original cartridges i got the 5 extra virgin i bought and now with the coffee eliquid i just bought if anything i get more of a thrroat hit with this then i ever got off amber leaf. Not sure why your having such a different experience given we have the same kit :confused:.

From charging the batteries in the PCC and not the seperate USB thing I bought. things have improved a little bit.

there's some good drags I get. and some really useless ones.
I'm finding that topping the cartridges up a lot improves things.

haven't smoked for nearly 6 days now.

danielf 06-12-2012 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35508000)
I'm gonna stick this out for a bit. they've got a bit better, but yesterday was a stressful day. and I was really tempted to give it all in and go back to rollies.

it was only the picture of my niece smiling when I told her I've given up for her. and the thought of having to give her £50 that stopped me :)

What's that? Close to a week now? Sounds like you're finding your feet. :)

Seriously though. If you struggle in terms of throat hit, I'd take Bulky up on his offer to select some kit for you. If you're going to do this, you might as well do it with proper kit. Anything to stop you going back to rollies, surely?

RizzyKing 07-12-2012 02:31

I find if i use it for too long a time the throat hit gets a lot less is very good for the first ten drags and then decreases i definately cannot puff on this as long as i would a roll up. That said i am happy with it and will stick with it loving the coffee flavour as well :).

Gary L 08-12-2012 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35508003)
What's that? Close to a week now? Sounds like you're finding your feet. :)

A week and half a day! :)

Quote:

Seriously though. If you struggle in terms of throat hit, I'd take Bulky up on his offer to select some kit for you. If you're going to do this, you might as well do it with proper kit. Anything to stop you going back to rollies, surely?
I've worked it out that it's just down to the batteries being crap. and the cartridges being crap.

if I keep the batteries charged in rotation, and carry a few carts and keep topping them up every 5 minutes. everything is honky dory.

I've managed this long with my baccy stuff still sitting there waiting for me. then I'm sure I can give it another 7 days and I'll be fully cured.

it will only take another 7 days and I'll never want a ciggy ever in my life. won't it?

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35508019)
I find if i use it for too long a time the throat hit gets a lot less is very good for the first ten drags and then decreases i definately cannot puff on this as long as i would a roll up.

Exactly my thoughts.
it can't keep up with me. change the battery and all is fine for another 10 or so drags.

danielf 08-12-2012 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35508789)
A week and half a day! :)

I've worked it out that it's just down to the batteries being crap. and the cartridges being crap.

if I keep the batteries charged in rotation, and carry a few carts and keep topping them up every 5 minutes. everything is honky dory.

I've managed this long with my baccy stuff still sitting there waiting for me. then I'm sure I can give it another 7 days and I'll be fully cured.

it will only take another 7 days and I'll never want a ciggy ever in my life. won't it?

HA!!!! I haven't had a fag in 4 months. No Nicotine for nearly three months. I still use my zero nicotine e-cig every day (but less and less). I still think about smoking/not smoking every day. I'm thinking I will never be cured, hopefully just not thinking about it as much.

RizzyKing 09-12-2012 12:08

Yeah i don't think you ever get rid of the urge totally it just becomes easier and easier with time to the point where it is no more then a split second thought easily forgotten keep it up Gary just think how much healthier and wealthier you will be :) thats how i am sticking to it.

papa smurf 10-12-2012 20:35

i never realised you can also get e pipes for pipe smokers and e cigars .

danielf 10-12-2012 20:47

I would think the principle is the same. Just a different flavour.

papa smurf 10-12-2012 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35509675)
I would think the principle is the same. Just a different flavour.

yes pretty much the same -the pipe has many different flavours which can also be used in the refillable cigarettes -and the cigars can even taste like Cubans .

Dash: CF noob 10-12-2012 21:03

Cannibalism.....

Spoke to a heart consultant today who said you wont come to any harm using electronic cigarettes as a replacement for real ones.

papa smurf 10-12-2012 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob (Post 35509682)
Cannibalism.....

Spoke to a heart consultant today who said you wont come to any harm using electronic cigarettes as a replacement for real ones.

i walked into that one :)

papa smurf 12-12-2012 07:25

do these devices have an on off switch or do they only activate when you take a drag ?

Dai 12-12-2012 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35510481)
do these devices have an on off switch or do they only activate when you take a drag ?

On the Ego-T system the battery has a little button on the side that you press to power-on the heater. So it's click-and-drag..

danielf 12-12-2012 10:27

Typically, the systems that are meant to look like a fag are self-activated in that they activate when you take a drag.

Go on, Papa Smurf. You know you want to :)

papa smurf 12-12-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35510526)
Typically, the systems that are meant to look like a fag are self-activated in that they activate when you take a drag.

Go on, Papa Smurf. You know you want to :)

ive ordered an e cigar kit -to see if i can keep off the real thing especially at crimbo when i have a glass or twelve of port on the go.

RizzyKing 12-12-2012 21:04

Yeah my kit is self activating although the one's where you press a button are supposedly more reliable and better on battery use. I am more then happy at the minute with what i got and it has kept me off the rollies for going on two and half weeks now so can't be that bad lol.

danielf 12-12-2012 21:08

It really is amazing how good these things are at keeping people off the fags. Granted, most people don't give up on the nicotine, but in terms of replacing fags and harm reduction they really are the bees knees.

Dai 13-12-2012 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35510815)
It really is amazing how good these things are at keeping people off the fags. Granted, most people don't give up on the nicotine, but in terms of replacing fags and harm reduction they really are the bees knees.

Indeed they are. OK, at the moment I still have the nicotine addiction which will eventually have to be dealt with but at least I'm not sucking down all the tar and other nasties that you get from burning leaves.

Just got another friend started on this recently. Her cigarette use has dropped by 75% within a couple of weeks.

Gary L 13-12-2012 18:21

I've officially failed.
Traffic was diabolical. I've lost 2 batteries in the car or somewhere. I was really stressed out and the baccy tin was in the glovebox telling me to use it.

papa smurf 13-12-2012 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35510815)

one can even get weed flavour -whatever that is;)

danielf 13-12-2012 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35511276)
one can even get weed flavour -whatever that is;)

I could tell you, but... :angel:

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35511260)
I've officially failed.
Traffic was diabolical. I've lost 2 batteries in the car or somewhere. I was really stressed out and the baccy tin was in the glovebox telling me to use it.

Get better kit is all I can say. I linked to a starter kit in post 2 which comes with decent batteries. It also has the thread that Bulky advised as being most compatible with other kit. It should make quite a difference. Alternatively, get the one at the bottom of this post. 1100mah should give you lots of whack, and they should last ages. Best ask Bulky though. He sounds like he's tried every mod under the sun.

Either way, don't consider yourself failed. Lots of don't give up the fags in one go. Many people wean themselves off them over a period of time.

1100mah Riva Starter Kit

Gary L 13-12-2012 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35511280)
Get better kit is all I can say. I linked to a starter kit in post 2 which comes with decent batteries. It also has the thread that Bulky advised as being most compatible with other kit. It should make quite a difference. Alternatively, get the one at the bottom of this post. 1100mah should give you lots of whack, and they should last ages. Best ask Bulky though. He sounds like he's tried every mod under the sun.

Either way, don't consider yourself failed. Lots of don't give up the fags in one go. Many people wean themselves off them over a period of time.

1100mah Riva Starter Kit

Thanks. I'm gonna buy that one.

can you give me a quick rundown on cartomisers and clearomisers?

danielf 13-12-2012 19:50

I've only tried the clearomizer that comes with that kit, and I prefer the clearomizer as you can see how much liquid is left. I really don't know about other systems. Perhaps Dai or Bulky can chip in on that one. The battery should make a massive difference though.

Gary L 13-12-2012 20:40

Ok.
I've just bought it anyway.
I think I'll be happy with this one as it'll last longer. and I can see the liquid.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

Anyone recommend any e-liquid?

the last lot I bought was 60ml for around £20 posted from jacvapour.

I've used nearly 40ml in 8 days.
so a quick guesstimate
£9 for 50g baccy lasts around 5 days = £54 for 30 days.
150ml I'll need for 30 days = £50

Dash: CF noob 13-12-2012 20:55

Totally wicked got a great yoyo sale on till the 21st

danielf 13-12-2012 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35511346)
Ok.
I think I'll be happy with this one as it'll last longer. and I can see the liquid.

so a quick guesstimate

It seems a little odd to me that you're going through quite a bit of liquid when you don't seem to be that heavy a smoker. It may be that it really is the throat hit you're after, and the new batteries ought to help with that. Having said that: on the cost front, higher nicotine levels don't cost more, but they do give you more throat hit, and you'd think that you'd be satisfied earlier so would use less of the liquid.

I'd consider getting the strength you're using now plus some stronger liquid. Then see how you like the two, and how much you use of each.

papa smurf 13-12-2012 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35511346)
Ok.

so a quick guesstimate

your not supposed to bath in it

Dash: CF noob 13-12-2012 20:59

Average use should be 2-3ml per day

danielf 13-12-2012 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob (Post 35511389)
Average use should be 2-3ml per day

Yes, that's the number I had in mind.

(I'm using about .5ml, zero nicotine content, I'm hoping to finally kick it over the three weeks holiday I've got lined up. Change of scenery for the final push, hopefully :))

Dash: CF noob 13-12-2012 21:03

Good luck

Gary L 13-12-2012 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash: CF noob (Post 35511382)
Totally wicked got a great yoyo sale on till the 21st

Thanks. Jacvapour work out slightly cheaper with the 20% discount code. but I couldn't log in.
I bought 100ml for £35.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35511383)
It seems a little odd to me that you're going through quite a bit of liquid when you don't seem to be that heavy a smoker. It may be that it really is the throat hit you're after, and the new batteries ought to help with that. Having said that: on the cost front, higher nicotine levels don't cost more, but they do give you more throat hit, and you'd think that you'd be satisfied earlier so would use less of the liquid.

I'd consider getting the strength you're using now plus some stronger liquid. Then see how you like the two, and how much you use of each.

I was sucking on it all the time. if nothing was happening I'd suck more and more till I got what I wanted.

I've ordered 18 and 24mg I think.
someone's tampered with my baccy. it tastes like crap.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35511385)
your not supposed to bath in it

I don't. I tip toe up against the sink and do it that way.

danielf 13-12-2012 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35511472)
someone's tampered with my baccy. it tastes like crap.

Yeah. I weed in it.

papa smurf 14-12-2012 19:00

my e cigar kit has arrived ,charging it up ready for blast off i do hope it actually tastes like a cigar.

Gary L 15-12-2012 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35511891)
my e cigar kit has arrived ,charging it up ready for blast off i do hope it actually tastes like a cigar.

Is it charged yet?

I've found a good way of filling carts with the condom effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIyIKISGJc

Chad 15-12-2012 11:48

Good luck guys, giving up smoking is terribly tough.

I smoked for 10 years but managed to give it up after a struggle. I had toyed with giving up on and off but never tried it seriously. Even the impact on my health was purely stuffed away in the back of my mind.

I smoked about 80 one day at a family barbecue, I was normally a 20 a day man. The following morning I was very, very ill. My chest was in agony, throat was in agony and my head was bursting. The thought of smoking made me vomit. I managed not to smoke for 3 days without and help but that's when it got tough. I started on the nicotine gum but got hooked on this for almost 8 months! Anyways I've been smoke free now for 5 years. I've not even had a single puff since the day of the barbecue. Actually I tell a lie, I smoked a cigar on my wedding day but that was because my dad got drunk and bought 50 and gave them out all roads :D

It's really good to have something to give up for, it really helps motivate you onwards. In a strange way smoking 80 cigarettes that day, and feeling as sick as a dog, was the best thing that ever happened to me. That was my last experience of smoking and has left a real negative memory.

Keep it up guys, it's definitely worth the struggle!

papa smurf 15-12-2012 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35512151)
Is it charged yet?

I've found a good way of filling carts with the condom effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIyIKISGJc

yea -ive had a go or two its starting to taste stronger as it beds in ,i'm only using 0. 6mg strength so very weak ,i have ordered some stronger liquid 1.2 mg and refillable cartridges
http://www.epuffer.eu/

i have the cohita 650

danielf 15-12-2012 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35512162)

i have the cohita 650

Can someone punch that fat woman in the face please?

Let us know how you get on Papa Smurf :)

Gary: Has your new kit arrived yet?

Gary L 15-12-2012 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35512162)
yea -ive had a go or two its starting to taste stronger as it beds in ,i'm only using 0. 6mg strength so very weak ,i have ordered some stronger liquid 1.2 mg and refillable cartridges

i have the cohita 650

Is it just me or is all their nicotine levels really low?

1.6mg being the highest.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35512168)
Can someone punch that fat woman in the face please?

She's ok for when you're drunk.

Quote:

Gary: Has your new kit arrived yet?
Not yet. Xmas post time of year again.
that and the liquid sent 1st class yesterday.

papa smurf 15-12-2012 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35512412)
Is it just me or is all their nicotine levels really low?

1.6mg being the highest.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

[/COLOR]

She's ok for when you're drunk.

Not yet. Xmas post time of year again.
that and the liquid sent 1st class yesterday.

some liquids go up to 2.4mg
i have no idea how that compares to the real thing