Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Government & Post Election Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705028)

Mr K 28-06-2017 21:32

Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35905493)
Papa, l don't find that comment funny.

I work on frontline policing. I got a 1% pay rise last year, and my rent went up. So bang went my pay rise.

My love my job immensely, and would not do anything else. I should have retired in December, but simply cannot afford to retire on the pension that l get.

I find it really distasteful that some members think that Public Service workers don't deserve more money.

I saw my colleagues come back from London fire, and they were totally knackered. I saw fire crews in the same phase. Every Emergency Service deserves more

I believe that the way the Conservatives are treating the public sector workers appalling.

Its true what was said tonight in Parliament. If TM and her sick government can give the DUP millions to keep her backside in No 10 then she can give the Public Sector an extra bit of money.

Well said Arthur :tu:

1andrew1 28-06-2017 21:41

Rumours that the public sector pay cap could be removed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40423052

Mr K 28-06-2017 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35905495)
Rumours that the public sector pay cap could be removed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40423052

yes, they've since backtracked on that, something about a vote they needed to win...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...g-street-hints

bleeding politicians eh ?? :rolleyes:

Dave42 28-06-2017 21:59

spot on tweet here

Andy Burnham‏ @AndyBurnhamGM 2h
2 hours ago

So, a special deal is done for public services in NI. In return, their MPs block help for public servants in England. How can that be right?

Paul 28-06-2017 23:03

Quote:

I find it really distasteful that some members think that Public Service workers don't deserve more money.

I find it distasteful that you think only "public service workers" deserve more money. :dozey:

Everyone thinks they desrve more, and should get more. It simply doesnt work like that.

papa smurf 29-06-2017 07:58

Quote:

Papa, l don't find that comment funny.

I work on frontline policing. I got a 1% pay rise last year, and my rent went up. So bang went my pay rise.

My love my job immensely, and would not do anything else. I should have retired in December, but simply cannot afford to retire on the pension that l get.

I saw my colleagues come back from London fire, and they were totally knackered. I saw fire crews in the same phase. Every Emergency Service deserves more

I believe that the way the Conservatives are treating the public sector workers appalling.

Its true what was said tonight in Parliament. If TM and her sick government can give the DUP millions to keep her backside in No 10 then she can give the Public Sector an extra bit of money.

my pay was always performance related ie don't meet targets don't get pay rise jf you exede targets it's pay rise and bonus ,thats how the world works now there is no free lunch anymore .

Mr K 29-06-2017 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35905525)
my pay was always performance related ie don't meet targets don't get pay rise jf you exede targets it's pay rise and bonus ,thats how the world works now there is no free lunch anymore .

that's not how it works in the public sector Smurf. Even if you exceed targets you've still been getting less than inflation over the last 7 years.

papa smurf 29-06-2017 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35905526)
that's not how it works in the public sector Smurf. Even if you exceed targets you've still been getting less than inflation over the last 7 years.

the pay pot at VM is always %2 some might get %1 some might get %3 some 0% depending on performance ,i have never herd of the NHS / police etc exceeding targets

TheDaddy 29-06-2017 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35905527)
the pay pot at VM is always %2 some might get %1 some might get %3 some 0% depending on performance ,i have never herd of the NHS / police etc exceeding targets

I have heard of them exceeding targets plenty of times and tbh I don't like it, leads to waiting lists and crime figures being fiddled and the encouragement of crimes not being reported.

daveeb 29-06-2017 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35905496)
yes, they've since backtracked on that, something about a vote they needed to win...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...g-street-hints

bleeding politicians eh ?? :rolleyes:

The tories applauded it when it squeaked through...they'll be relieved to have saved some money for the next DUP backhander. What a shower they are !

Mick 29-06-2017 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35905552)
The tories applauded it when it squeaked through...they'll be relieved to have saved some money for the next DUP backhander. What a shower they are !

I do not think they were applauding it, in the sense they did not want to remove the pay cap, but it was their first vote and they needed to win the vote no matter what amendment was put forward , not winning it, would have shown an ineffective government, at it's first hurdle.

But this accusation of money grabs here and there. Every party pisses in the same pot.

I remember when Labour, removed the 10p Tax band. The low paid earners back then felt that pinch, very muchly. What a shower they were (and still are!)....

denphone 29-06-2017 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 35905552)

They can wrap it up whatever way they want but they are totally ineffective now and were straight after the General Election results and no amount of moving the chairs around on board the sinking ship will convince the country any different.

papa smurf 29-06-2017 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35905558)
They can wrap it up whatever way they want but they are totally ineffective now and were straight after the General Election results and no amount of moving the chairs around on board the sinking ship will convince the country any different.

by" the country " i presume you mean yourself i personally am happy with them as are many millions of voters .

denphone 29-06-2017 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35905560)
by" the country " i presume you mean yourself i personally am happy with them as are many millions of voters .

You are entitled to your thoughts and opinions as are l and many others.;)

heero_yuy 29-06-2017 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35905560)

I'm happy that the Marxist loony's are kept away from reckless spending on tic and the resulting financial misery that future generations would have been lumbered with. That's well worth lobbing NI a £billion or so.