Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Paul 15-12-2022 17:25

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36141944)
Mum had a poor night last night but she has improved today just talking to my Dad.

Hope she feels better soon. :)

Tinky 18-12-2022 12:16

Just received our gas/electric bill, £386.31 for last month, we only have a small 2 bed bungalow. :(

Jaymoss 18-12-2022 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36142160)
Just received our gas/electric bill, £386.31 for last month, we only have a small 2 bed bungalow. :(

But I bet you been warm and toasty?

My bill was £100 but I have been freezing my proverbials off hahahaha

SnoopZ 18-12-2022 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36142160)

Have you changed how you use the heating, like don't put it on when you're in bed, put it on maybe an hour before you get out and reduce the temperature towards the end of the evening as there is no point heating the house just before you get in bed?

Also wear thermals on the legs that makes all the difference in my experience.

My heating comes on at 7am at the weekend at 20c then I reduce it to 19c through the evening then it goes off at 10pm, if I'm out the house then I'm trialing letting the smart thermastat drop it to 14c, not sure what effect that will have, with my heating off from 10pm to 7am the house stays at 10c in this weather.

I'm currently paying £83 a month with £374 in credit and my last statement was £137, I expect it will be atleast £50 more next month though with more heating being used when I am not at work, although I'm not sure what effect the smart Thermastat I fitted will do to it.

denphone 18-12-2022 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36141957)
Hope she feels better soon. :)

Sadly its one step forward and three steps backward since as he has suffered from sickness and diaarhoea for the last 2 days and they want to do a CT Scan to see if she has some sort of obstruction.

Its looking like she won't be coming home before Christmas according to my brother.

GrimUpNorth 18-12-2022 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36142180)
Sadly its one step forward and three steps backward since as he has suffered from sickness and diaarhoea for the last 2 days and they want to do a CT Scan to see if she has some sort of obstruction.

Its looking like she won't be coming home before Christmas according to my brother.

Sorry to hear that, I hope she proves your brother wrong!

Hugh 19-12-2022 10:23

I had to cancel my PPV* (Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine) jab this morning, as ironically enough, I’m still coughing my lungs up (with a streaming nose and breathlessness) with whatever RSV I’ve got, so tried to be thoughtful to others at the surgery…

Will re-book once my current symptoms have abated.

*PPV

Tinky 20-12-2022 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36142163)
Have you changed how you use the heating, like don't put it on when you're in bed, put it on maybe an hour before you get out and reduce the temperature towards the end of the evening as there is no point heating the house just before you get in bed?

We have tried to cut down by using oil filled radiators and not leaving heating on whilst we are out, but to no avail.

Yesterday first thing in the morning, I had this horrendous pain in the middle back, breathing is difficult. Mr T had to do all the running around, it got so bad he phoned 999 at 10pm, I was on the floor by then. We waited 2 and a half hours, no sign and we were getting so tired he cancelled the abulance and we went to bed. I daren't sneeze or cough, does this sound like pleurisy? If so how long does it last? :(

Mr K 20-12-2022 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36142292)
We have tried to cut down by using oil filled radiators and not leaving heating on whilst we are out, but to no avail.

Yesterday first thing in the morning, I had this horrendous pain in the middle back, breathing is difficult. Mr T had to do all the running around, it got so bad he phoned 999 at 10pm, I was on the floor by then. We waited 2 and a half hours, no sign and we were getting so tired he cancelled the abulance and we went to bed. I daren't sneeze or cough, does this sound like pleurisy? If so how long does it last? :(

Try your GP or 111 and ask for advice?

Tinky 20-12-2022 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36142294)
Try your GP or 111 and ask for advice?

Mr T phoned 111, they said to phone ambulance.

Mr K 20-12-2022 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36142295)
Mr T phoned 111, they said to phone ambulance.

If it was me and I couldn't get an ambulance I'd be getting a lift or taxi if you're able to get in car. Good luck and take care.

denphone 20-12-2022 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36142297)
If it was me and I couldn't get an ambulance I'd be getting a lift or taxi if you're able to get in car. Good luck and take care.

We had problems with both of those with My Mum so l advised my Dad to go right up to the A&E department.

Thank god we did that.

In good news today Mum has shown a good improvement and might be allowed home befoe Christmas.

The bad news is she is considered too much of a high risk given she has several other medical conditions to have a operation.

Tinky 20-12-2022 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36142298)

In good news today Mum has shown a good improvement and might be allowed home befoe Christmas.

The bad news is she is considered too much of a high risk given she has several other medical conditions to have a operation.

Good news she is getting home for Christmas den, sorry she is not well enough for op.

denphone 24-12-2022 09:20

Mum has had to be readmitted to hospital after collapsing late last night going to the bathroom, she required 4 paramedics to get her up from the floor and is now in the surgical assessment unit.

GrimUpNorth 24-12-2022 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36142547)
Mum has had to be readmitted to hospital after collapsing late last night going to the bathroom, she required 4 paramedics to get her up from the floor and is now in the surgical assessment unit.

Sorry to hear that, I hope she didn't spend too long waiting in the ambulance when she got to the hospital. It's times like these you realise how much we need our NHS staff.