Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702913)

mike_gain 07-02-2017 08:40

Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDGOLD (Post 35884345)
But the folders are empty, there are no recordings in there from either TV or on demand. All that's in there are scheduled future recordings. So is there no way of stopping the folder from appearing until there is an actual programme in there to watch?

I think there's an option to only show recordings in My shows as opposed to on demand. I think this hides the empty folders. Although this option might only be available when viewing the contents of a folder as opposed to the entire my shows. I think the options can be found by pressing the blue button when in the My Shows view.

Ultimate.Conj 07-02-2017 11:06

Hi guys, 2 V6s installed today.

Everything went smoothly, the engineer wasn't even here that long. Connected the V6s, activated them and made sure both boxes were paired.
Everything working fine and I can see both boxes in My Shows.

The V6 itself is extremely quick, even loading Netflix. The 4K Netflix works like a charm too, looking forward to more 4K content and the HDR update.

telegramsam 07-02-2017 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35884293)
Having been looking at the new box on the bus shelter advertising around my area these past few weeks I have to say it`s one ugly looking box! Look wise it`s not a patch on Sky Q box. If I ever get around to getting one mines going to be hidden away somewhere!

Yes I agree but I still think the designers could of come up with something better!:td:

nialli 07-02-2017 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35884433)
Yes I agree but I still think the designers could of come up with something better!:td:

The V6 is much smaller than the old TiVo and looks better in real life than it does in the ads or on a poster. It can easily be put either behind your TV or in a cupboard - I have two, both tidied away and no-one is any the wiser.

Amazed 07-02-2017 17:23

Any approximate dimensions for the V6?

albertsteptoe 07-02-2017 17:33

Evening All.
I have had my install moved forward to 21st February but the man I spoke to today said the engineer might have to move my modem to living room were the install will be, is this the case as I don't want Ethernet cables all over the place.

jb66 07-02-2017 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertsteptoe (Post 35884458)
Evening All.
I have had my install moved forward to 21st February but the man I spoke to today said the engineer might have to move my modem to living room were the install will be, is this the case as I don't want Ethernet cables all over the place.

Nah the v6 can do wifi

albertsteptoe 07-02-2017 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35884461)
Nah the v6 can do wifi

Thanks for that ill make sure I tell him I want wifi connection.

fixerman 07-02-2017 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35884461)
Nah the v6 can do wifi

I read somewhere that they insist on an ethernet connection directly to the modem or using powerline adaptors. The reason given was that the WiFi signal is not stable enough. Is there anybody on this forum that has had a WiFi only installation?

Mythica 07-02-2017 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixerman (Post 35884516)
I read somewhere that they insist on an ethernet connection directly to the modem or using powerline adaptors. The reason given was that the WiFi signal is not stable enough. Is there anybody on this forum that has had a WiFi only installation?

We have two V6s and a hub 3. The hub 3 is in bedroom one and the two V6s are in bedroom two and the living room. We only have a small house but all three devices are in different rooms. After a few hiccups on wifi we managed to get both V6s connected to wifi at 5Ghz and both work absolutely fine. We were told at least one V6 needs to be connected by Ethernet for the installation but I'm not sure I actually believe this as how does the second box manage to update through wifi on first boot up but not the first box.

OLD BOY 08-02-2017 07:56

Quote:

Both of my v6 boxes are connected by wifi only, and my superhub is in a separate room from both of them. I live in a 1950s built house, so the walls are not thin at all. Everything works just fine.

OLDGOLD 08-02-2017 07:58

Quote:

I had two v6 boxes installed on Monday and they are both through WiFi. Installer never said anything about having to use ethernet, but he did say because I'm on Full House with 200mb there would be no issue with WiFi.

I have superhub in same room as 1 box, but on the opposite side of room and the other box downstairs.

I've had no problems at all so far.

AndyCambs 08-02-2017 09:29

Quote:

I'm using a wifi extender which has Ethernet port and that's fine.

nialli 08-02-2017 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazed (Post 35884454)
Any approximate dimensions for the V6?

• Size: 230mm x 153mm x 55mm
• Weight: 1.04kg

http://store.virginmedia.com/content...xfactsheet.pdf

Ultimate.Conj 08-02-2017 10:06

Quote:

Hi Fixerman, I had my V6s installed yesterday and like a few of the others on here, both of mine are connected via Wi-Fi.

The engineer didn't even mention about setting them up with Ethernet, just went straight for Wi-Fi. One is in the living room with the Superhub - 95-100% connection strength and Second one is in the bedroom above the living room also getting near 100% signal strength.

Everything is working fine, both boxes are able to see recordings on each. I did turn off the snooze feature as I wasn't sure if both boxes need to be on for the recordings to be seen.